Monday, September 11, 2006

Two Great BtoB Articles...One on IT Marketing and one on SMB Marketing

Ok, I have to be truthful I am quoted in one of the articles ("Breaking through to lucrative IT market" by Roger Slavens) but it's still a "must-read" for anyone in technology marketing. It does, in my opinion, seem to hit the nail on the head!

The second article in the Sept. 11 print edition of BtoB Magazine that caught my eye is "Experian study quantifies 'small businesses'" by Carol Krol. Given Arketi's own deep research on SMBs for Interland (now Web.com) I found this a solid read -- and one that gave me some interesting ideas.

I am sure every other article in this issue, as usual, will be great...but these two just jumped out at me...Have a look for yourself.


Breaking through to lucrative IT market
BY ROGER SLAVENS
Global IT and telecommunication spending is projected to reach $3.3 trillion annually by 2010, growing at a compound annual rate of 4.5% from the $2.7 trillion spent in 2005, according to Gartner Research. IT purchases in the U.S. are expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2010--including $871 billion this year--accounting for roughly 32% of worldwide spending.
FULL STORY

Experian study quantifies 'small businesses'
BY CAROL KROL
Small-business owners continue to be attractive business prospects for b-to-b marketers. A study released last month by database provider Experian may shed some light on that lucrative segment and give marketers intelligence on how to target it.
FULL STORY