Friday, November 16, 2007

JUST DUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

At last week’s PRSAGA Phoenix Awards celebration Arketi took home four of six awards for which we were nominated. Congrats to all Arketians for their hard work and of course, congrats to our clients. If it weren’t for them, we wouldn’t be here.

Not only did we succeed in the awards ceremony, but also in the silent auction. Three Arketi employees struck gold! Rory, our Apple-loving creative director took home an iPhone and Paul brought home three cases of delicious cigars. But I think I took the cake with my haul.


That’s right, I’m the proud owner of a comically-large stuffed duck! Admit it, you’re jealous. It’s a natural reaction.

You should have seen the looks I received leaving the awards banquet. It was a “did you seriously spend money on that” meets “that is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen” type feeling. One thing is for certain, I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.

I’ve yet to name the duck, but if you’d like to suggest a name I will add it to the list of options. To date I have the following name suggestions:
  • The Duck
  • Ducky/Duckie
  • Quacker
  • Howard
  • Steve
  • Roger
  • George
  • Alfie
  • Blanche

And although I will consider each name I need to provide the following disclaimer. This duck will serve as a gift to my future niece or nephew – due to arrive in January. At that point the duck may get a new name.

Part of me is sad to be sentencing the duck to a life of dirty diapers and spit-up. It’s a tough job, but at least the duck will do it with a smile on its beak.